Monday, November 17, 2008

Let me apolagize again for the lack of photos on this thing. One of these days I'll put some more up.

Not too much has been going on since the last post.

School has been ok. The work load is increasing even more, so it's getting a bit stressful. Or it should be more stressful. But for some reason I find myself being a bit apathetic about my grades. I know, it's bad, I should care more, but right now I just don't. I guess I'll just have to try to be more diligent.

I also realized how incnredibly out of shape I am. I run and lift maybe once a week, which is nowhere near enough. The combination of this laziness and the carb-loaded Italian diet isn't exactly ideal. I'm not really sure how I'm going to find a way to sprint and try to launch myself into the air with a 12 foot stick of fiberglass. But I guess I'll just have to try to be more disciplined.

But as for events of the past few weeks, this past Thursday my mom and one of my aunts came to visit me. I met them at the train station in Viterbo (after much wandering around the historical center of the city), and then went to Florence for the weekend.

Florence was wonderful. It's a very beautiful city, I enjoyed it very much. We saw the Ufizi gallery and the Accademia gallery, where Michelangelo's David is. I learned a lot about both of those places since we took a guided tour of both. The Accademia building was actually built just to house the David, so it's displayed very nicely. Nothing else in the gallery was really that notable, some nice sculptures and paintings, but not too much. We ate at some really good places, and had a lot of gelato. Mmmmm. We also went shopping a little bit, and I got some completely ridiculous sunglasses. I'm looking forward to when it's actually sunny and I can wear them.

We came back to Tuscania yesterday and ate lunch with our Italian friends and the people from the school. Dan was also in town for the weekend, so we got to see him before he headed back to Florence. Marco's mom (Marco is one of the Italian guys) made a delicious lunch of pasta, potatoes, and sausage. It was absolutely delicious and she is the sweetest woman ever. We helped them pick olives, and my aunt bought some of the oil that they make.

I'n starting to look forward to going back home. Don't get me wrong, this place is absolutely wonderful and amazing in so many ways, but it will be really good to see friends and family again. And I'm sure I'll be back here someday.

No comments: