Thursday, December 18, 2008

It has been quite a long time since I have written. So much has happened since then that it would be difficult to write everything. I

For one thing we almost burned down our house. Appherently you can't fill it entirely with wood and let it burn overnight. So now the wall in our apartment has two black spots on it, and the two wood strips that used to be there now have a big ashy gap in the middle of them. Oops.

It's also been raining like crazy for the last week and a half. It's a little depressing, and several cities and towns have had problems with flooding. I think yesterday and today were the only two days within the last two weeks that is hasn't rained. It's kind of nice not to have to carry around an umbrella 24/7.

We've discovered that our roof leaks, and that the ceiling in our bathroom is falling down in flakes of plaster. As I may have mentioned earlier, our apartment is quite old and it seems everything I touch just crumbles. It's almost like having a superpower that enables me to turn things to dust, but not quite as cool.

I sold a painting to Waldo, the owner of one of our favorite cafes. It made me feel like a real artist or something. Plus I was really happy to have the money and to not have to take it back home with me (it was an awkward size... very wide but not so high).

I leave Tuscania on Saturday morning. I can't believe that's so soon, it's less than 24 hours. Then I'm going snowboarding in Torino I think on Sunday, then going back to Rome before flying home.

On a different note, Christmas is in a WEEK! I am incredibly excited to come home and see all my family and friends. I love it here and I know I will miss this place and a lot of the people here like crazy, but it will be wonderful to be home. I'm a little sad that I do have to leave in less than a week, because I have had such an amazing experience.

Some of my favorite memories from this past semester/things I enjoy about Tuscania:
-Walking around the city and just soaking in the beauty of everything
-Dinners with friends, eating delicious pasta, bruschetta with the best olive oil ever and drinking good wine
-Trying to stumble my way through speaking Italian
-Getting to paint, photograph, and sketch this beautiful city
-The small town atmoshpere
-Having Italian friends, and trying to communicate with them
-The Grape Harvest, Olive Harvest, Meeting Marco's family
-Fall break traveling: to Paris, Amsterdam, and Prague
-My weekend trip to Germany
-Mediterranean Cuisine class... so many memories... I cannot list them all
-Thanksgiving
-The basketball games
-Jetman wars in the computer lab
-Learning the Public Transportation System
-Playing Ultimate Frisbee in the Park
-The Beach Day... and trying to play soccer against the little kids (and getting our butts kicked)
-Running out our road, almost getting run over by a herd of sheep
-Going to our favorite cafes/bars and just hanging out

...and so many more

But right now I have to go take the canvas off of some frames so that I can bring my paintings home.

This will probably be my last post, although I may update a bit when I get back to the States, but we will see. Either way, Ciao everyone!

No comments: